Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Art of Animation Disney How to Reserve Two Beds

In this post we'll review a family suite at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. Specifically, we'll be reviewing a Panthera leo King Family Suite. Nosotros'll start with the basics (like all the types of suites at Art of Animation) before diving into a discussion of the room and, maybe nearly chiefly, what we think of it at its relatively high price bespeak. Read on to learn all well-nigh the Panthera leo Rex Family Suites at Art of Blitheness!

Art of Animation is one of two value hotels with family suites, the other beingness All Star Music. The family suites are not the same quality as one bedroom villas at DVC backdrop or ane bedroom suites at palatial or moderate hotels. Basically, they're bigger value rooms with a carve up bedchamber.

This isn't to say they're bad—nosotros're actually completely detect with the quality of the room, as you'll read. But in booking them information technology'due south best to await theming and infinite, non luxury.

There are three categories of family suites at Art of Animation—King of beasts Rex, Cars, and Finding Nemo. Besides the theming and location, the rooms are the same. You can expect to pay effectually $575 per night on a typical night in 2022 for a family unit suite at Art of Blitheness. The suites are frequently a role of discounts, though.

You can come across in the above map the Lion King suites are just north of Animation Hall (the main resort edifice), with the Piffling Mermaid rooms (not-suites) past them. The Finding Nemo rooms are $20-$30 more expensive than the other two due to their proximity to Animation Hall and the feature puddle.

Finally, in that location'south a fourth category of just "family suites." These are really the same rooms equally Lion Rex / Cars / Finding Nemo suites, you just don't know which y'all'll be in until you cheque in.

Our Lion King Suite at Art of Animation

Equally a preliminary matter, permit'due south remember that the suites are the only value rooms at Disney World that don't accept exterior facing ("motel style") doors. I've never felt this makes much of a departure at the value hotels, though I suppose the dissonance—peculiarly if you lot're most a pool—is worse with a door that faces outside. The hallways are bland but there is some artwork near the elevators.

Inbound the room I was pleasantly surprised past its size. Yes, it'due south a "suite," but that discussion tin can have a wide range of meanings. With a toddler, information technology's actually about having as much separation equally possible after bedtime at 7PM, so some "suites" that occupy, say, a single large room, aren't as valuable. This is a true suite, with a living room (that can also function as a bedchamber), a pure bedroom, and two bathrooms.

Let'due south starting time with a video and then two galleries (click the arrows through the photos) before we move onto further discussion of the room.

This gallery looks at the master (living) room and its bath:

This gallery looks at the bedroom and its bathroom:

One affair that struck me is how dated these rooms feel, particularly in lite of the recent renovations that take occurred at every value resorts except All Star Sports.

I've written nigh this in the context of other themed rooms before, only it'south really hard to get these right. In this example, Disney has sort of plastered wildlife theming on all the furniture and finishes, and the result winds upward pretty tacky, in my opinion.

"Well, information technology'southward Lion King! The babies love the Lion Rex!" Sort of. As far as I tin tell, in that location'south actually just one king of beasts in the room, and to see it you take to pull the Murphy bed downwards. Otherwise, we've got Zazu to a higher place the main bed, Timon and Pumba on the shower curtain, and the rest is…jungle? savanna? theming. (Lion Rex enthusiasts can surely contend with me hither, but I've seen the pic a few times, I read the abridged story to my kid daily, I'm more savvy than median, at least.)

As far as functionality, there isn't much to mutter about. The room has ample outlets. The bathrooms are a bit dated, simply with 2 of them you shouldn't accept much trouble getting a large party ready in the morning.

The suites are equipped with a kitchen sink and microwave, in addition to the mini-fridge available in all Disney rooms. I'm continually disappointed with the prevalence of Cuisinart machines (as opposed to Keurigs) in Disney's expensive rooms. Luckily (nearly?) all the deluxe rooms now have Keurig's simply I pretty firmly believe these suites should, also.

For sleeping arrangements for our 3-person family, we had Zoe slumber in the main bedchamber in a crib (we bring our ain Pack 'northward' Play, but the hotel besides has a crib or Pack 'northward' Play available) while we slept on the Murphy bed. This immune us access to the living room in the evening while Zoe slept.

Quick Conclusions on Family Suite Pricing

Overall I remember it'southward clear these are fine, big rooms. They're themed, even if not spectacularly. The next section will get more in depth in talking about suite pricing and where the family suites fit in, merely I wanted to provide a summary for those of you who don't care about the nitty gritty.

Basically the Art of Blitheness family suites fall into an unsweet spot. They're more expensive than the All Star Music family unit suites without much to justify it (the Skyliner being the big perk, specifically). They're barely cheaper than the DVC one bedroom villas if you rent points for those.

If you can beget the slightly more than expensive DVC 1 bedrooms and find availability renting points, those are the way to become. If y'all can't so it will probably brand more sense to look down to the All Star Music suites. If the Fine art of Animation suites have an ongoing bargain, or if availability forces you there, that's fine, just not platonic.

Comparing Suite Pricing at Disney Globe

This is probably a topic improve suited to its own post, simply until I go around to that I wanted to offer some context on suite pricing.

Before I give a sample list of prices, I want to highlight something—virtually suites are Disney World are best booked by renting DVC points.

The DVC properties all take one bedroom villas. These can be booked directly through Disney, merely y'all can also get through the much less expensive process of renting points to stay at them. Here are some prices (including tax, for a random/typical 2022 night) for one-sleeping room suites/villas at Disney World, with the rental and rack rates for three DVC properties included:

  • All Star Music (Suite) — $400

  • Boardwalk Villas (Rental) — $494 (vs. $811 rack)

  • Old Key West (Rental) — $513 (vs. $655 rack)

  • Fine art of Animation (Lion Rex) — $576

  • Bay Lake Tower (Rental) — $608 (vs. $935 rack)

Correct off the bat, I'll say that I'd basically never pay rack rate for those DVC rooms. I don't retrieve they're the worst value on property—not past a mile—but with renting being a very viable pick, I'chiliad just not into the rack rates.

So focusing the three DVC rental rates, Art of Blitheness, and All Star Music, I'1000 a niggling surprised to run across Art of Animation near the most expensive.

While I haven't stayed in all these 1 bedrooms, I call up it's off-white to say based on videos/pictures/my experience at Art of Animation that the DVC one bedrooms are all better rooms than Art of Blitheness. While I'chiliad certain I'll prefer the All Star Music suites to Fine art of Blitheness, I'm willing to, for the sake of this department, assume those two are equal quality.

In light of that, the pricing of the Art of Animation Family Suites is actually hard to swallow. If you tin can book a one bedroom suite at Bay Lake Tower—and be steps abroad from Magic Kingdom—for an extra $32 per night, practise that! BoardWalk Villas—which gives you walking access to two parks, for less than Art of Animation? Definitely!

Of form, availability is a big "if." DVC availability isn't always piece of cake to come up by. Would I rent a one bedroom at college-availability Former Key Due west ($513) if that was my only culling? That'southward a little tougher, because location comes into play.

Art of Blitheness has the Skyliner to two parks. I'd prefer walking to those same ii parks from BoardWalk or—for families with a kid—walking to Magic Kingdom from Bay Lake Tower. But when you're comparing to Onetime Key West and All Star Music, your transportation state of affairs will be worse at those two hotels.

I don't think many people volition struggle to choose between $513 at Old Key West and $576 at Art of Blitheness—these are very dissimilar experiences and reading more about these resorts should help you decide pretty easily. And then let's finish with a comparison to All Star Music.

All Star Music is the other value resort with suites. As I said above, I await to adopt the suites at Music to those at Fine art of Animation but I'm willing to set that aside and assume the rooms are equal.

To that end, I'one thousand also going to call the amenities (other than the Skyliner) roughly equal too. This isn't the place to quibble about differences in nutrient courts or pools. The really question is whether or non Skyliner access is worth $176 per night, and the respond is probably not.

If you're worried about the long lines for buses or their occasionally infrequent schedule, other options—rental cars, Uber, Minnie Vans—would be fine options at All Star Music that probably won't add up to $176 per night and might be more than convenient than the Skyliner.

If renting or bringing your own car is an option, information technology's going to exist about user-friendly. If y'all're relying on Uber/Minnie Vans, the Skyliner might accept a slight advantage at rope driblet at Epcot and rope drop at Hollywood Studios. That said, the advantage—which I'k not going to go into particular here—is just likewise small to justify an actress $176 per nighttime to go from a suite at Music to a suite at Art of Animation. If you choose All Star Music, wake up early on, get on one of the first buses, and yous'll probably be fine if y'all empathize the rest of the rope drib strategy.

All Your Other Disney World Planning Questions Answered

Don't exist overwhelmed past Disney World planning! Take a second to check out our most important content and yous'll not only be an skillful, just you'll save big $$$ along the way.

Just starting out? Check out our Walt Disney World planning guide! If you're still picking dates, nosotros've got everything you need to know about Disney Earth crowd calendars. For picking your hotel, check out our Walt Disney World hotels guide.

When information technology comes fourth dimension to book nosotros'll help you find disbelieve Disney World tickets. Decide whether yous need a dining plan in our Consummate Guide to Disney World Dining Plans! And don't forget to book those Disney Earth Advance Dining Reservations!

Don't forget to main your Disney World Genie+ and Lightning Lane strategy a few months in advance. Nosotros'll go along yous out of long lines so you can maximize the magical fourth dimension in the parks! We've got park-specific guides likewise: Magic Kingdom Genie+ and Lightning Lanes, Epcot Genie+ and Lightning Lanes, Animal Kingdom Genie+ and Lightning Lanes, and Hollywood Studios Genie+ and Lightning Lanes.

Know what to ride with our guides to: Magic Kingdom rides, Hollywood Studios rides, Epcot rides, and Animate being Kingdom rides! Plus learn about the water parks with our guide to Blizzard Embankment and our guide to Typhoon Lagoon! And for some some fun prep, cheque out our Ranking of Every Ride at Walt Disney World.

Finally, earlier you head out, be certain to check out our to-the-signal packing list, ten essentials you forget to pack for every Disney trip. And if you're interested in saving, there'southward no better listing than our 53 Ways to Save on your Disney trip from outset to cease.

kovachitat1971.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/review-of-lion-king-suite-at-art-of-animation

Post a Comment for "Art of Animation Disney How to Reserve Two Beds"